Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Morning Walk

On many mornings (and afternoons), I enjoy a walk or jog with my dog, Sadie, along the lane beside the horse barn in our back yard, down into the the little dale where the stream trickles along, and through the fields beyond. Each time, I take note of how fortunate I am to have this land accessible to me, so that I may walk peacefully or run as fast as I can, and so that Sadie can be off-leash, running free through the tall grass. Below is a series of photos from a typical stroll.

Where is your favorite place to stroll or jog?



Our backyard, with the fire pit Ryan built in the yard beyond.


Sadie is ready for her walk.

One of the horses strolls along with us for a bit.

Looking back toward the barn and house, the horses munch on grass.



The "dale" and stream have been bursting with life as of late.

Sadie loves the open fields.

She says, "Let's go again!"


8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sadie looks so happy. Your neighborhood is beautiful. Hopefully Nikki and I can come to see it in the not too distant future.

Chloe said...

Wow, that wonderful bright neon green almost burned my eyes! We are staying in Vegas another year, so it will be a while before I see that color in person, so thanks for posting! Hope all's well Larissa!

Sparky said...

Well, not to be a snob or anything, but I don't jog; I RUN. And I run nearly daily down on the path by the river here in Austin. Although since I'm moving to Cleveland, I will have to find new running spots, and hopefully they will be at least half as wonderful as the trail here in ATX.

Larissa said...

Karl, I hope you and Nikki come to visit soon too!

Larissa said...

Chloe - hope you are feeling good about your decision to stay in Vegas another year. I think everything happens for a reason. Thanks for reading and best wishes!

Larissa said...

Kathryn, We need to catch up soon! I had no idea you are moving to Cleveland. I'll call you soon!

Anonymous said...

in Cali I used to do this one mile or so loop that took me through a quiet "neighborhood" way up on my hilltop. I walked past the pygmy goats and up to the old growth Eucalyptus trees for a sniff and past the secret staircase. Then the road turns to dirt and the doe peaks her head through a curtain of jasmine to make sure she's safe and before you know it I'm on the trail through the old red-woods and breathing deep.