Friday, May 15, 2009

Long Time No Blog

Friends,

I have not been blogging as often as I'd like, and I am sorry for the inconsistent posts. I have no other excuses aside from having a band, an arts council, and a business to run.

Tonight, I will join many other area teams in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life in Greencastle, PA. I am on a team with my husband's mother, aunt, and several other friends and family members. It is very important to me to participate in this event. Our team usually raises around $10,000 for cancer research, so you can imagine how much money is raised by all the teams combined, just from our one local event! Though I cannot spend as much time on raising money throughout the year as I'd like - the Arts Council takes up a big portion of my volunteer time - I love being able to participate, walk the track, and see everyone out supporting a good cause. It is always fun, emotional, and well worth it!

I plan to write more often, so I'll see you back here soon!

No comments: