Monday, June 25, 2007

The Wonder of Music

Ever wonder why there are so many musicians in the world? Because making music is one of life's greatest gifts and treasures. My sister and I have been singing and songwriting under the moniker, The Hello Strangers, for several months now. Today we recorded our first CD of songs, thanks to our friend Conrad's roommate, Bruce, who agreed to record our latest tunes pro bono. It was a fantastic, musical day, the kind I would like to have more often, with good people and a warm, live recording space. It rained hard for most of the day, so Conrad made us tea for our recording session and we nestled down for several hours of good, hard work. Brechyn and I left the experience feeling filled to the brim with the kindness of people and the wonder of music.


I have attached some photos from our great day for your viewing pleasure:






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear it Larissa! Send us a copy, oh pretty please with whipped cream and caramel on top...

Dr. Russell A. Spinney said...

That is very cool. It is good to see you two playing together. More of that is a very good thing.

Anonymous said...

music is free therapy for a gal like me- so thanks "doc"! =) can't wait to give a listen